Discover how to become a “person of influence” who motivates people to reach greater levels of success in life.
The New Vibe Training Professional Coach Certification program will equip you with everything you need to launch your career as an ICF certified coach or bring coaching into your workplace…
The strategies, know-how, tools and the understanding of being human needed to generate positive change in your clients or employees.
If you’re looking to become a certified coach over a weekend (or in a few weeks), our program isn’t for you.
In this age of instant gratification, you might wonder why we don’t offer a program you can do on the quick. The answer is simple. It comes down to our reputation… and yours.
Because while a program you can complete in days gives you a certificate you can display in your office and on your website, it won’t give you the insights and practical experience you need to generate real change in your client’s lives. Which means your chance of having satisfied clients who give you referrals is slim.
Why New Vibe Training?
Our professional coach certification program is an ontological curriculum. Which means it’s a study of “being.” When you finish, you’ll have a deep awareness and insight into BEING HUMAN. You’ll gain invaluable wisdom which will help you motivate your clients or employees to make a positive change in their lives.
You’ll learn how to be a “person of influence” and how to use your influence to partner with people and inspire them to greater levels of success. You’ll also learn how to become a master communicator which is the key to moving people forward and helping them “get unstuck.”
You’ll graduate with the designation of Certified Professional Coach (CPC) and emerge with the skills and passion to embrace the professional coaching field or bring coaching into your work environment. You’ll also have a sense of why a career as a professional coach is a life-changing and life-affirming commitment.
Generate powerful coaching engagements
through a variety of methodologies
Our program takes nearly six months to complete. Which gives you time to fully understand what personal and professional coaching is all about and to soak in all the strategies and techniques you need to be a guiding light for your clients and those you lead.
You’ll experience a variety of methodologies including in-person training done at our location by New Vibe Training Founder Carl Casanova, M.S.; one-on-one sessions with a Mentor Coach; sessions with your peers where you’ll take turns coaching each other, and coaching sessions with private clients which allow you to fine-tune your skills through real-life coaching situations.
Sessions are interactive and feedback is provided throughout. You’ll receive all the essential elements you need to generate powerful coaching engagements with your clients.
The following is a breakdown of the Core Professional Coach Certification Modules along with the timeline for completion.
Impact the World Through Coaching
Method of delivery: This is a two-day, in-house interactive session facilitated by New Vibe Training founder Carl Casanova, M.S.
The purpose of module one is to engage in the essential ontological language and deepening awareness of assisting others in their purpose. We delve into the in-depth exploration of the core motivational elements of BEING human and how to coach to impact the world.
- How to become a person of influence – You’ll expand your influence on the people and situations in your life.
- Four key root causes of pain in people’s lives – The four main reasons people come to you for help.
- The Building Blocks of Partnership – How to form a strong partnership with your clients based on compassion, commitment, credibility, and contribution.
- The Four steps to successful change out of the neutral zone – A coach is all about being the catalyst for change in people’s lives. Here’s how you do it.
- How to become a master at asking questions – Questions stimulate thinking, demand answers and move clients to take action. Discover how to ask questions that elicit thought, insight and self-discovery.
- The Four Steps of Influence – How to awaken a strong sense of personal and professional mission in others using the Philosophy–Influence-Partnership (P.I.P.TM) approach.
Develop Your Communication Skills
Method of delivery: A two-hour Tele-Class with your cohort once a week for four weeks.
The purpose of module two is to develop coaching methodologies, skills, and techniques. You’ll discover the practicalities and effective applications of solutions focused language, positive psychology, and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). Also, because many coaches work with clients, over the phone, you’ll experience firsthand how to do so effectively.
You’ll discover …
- The four “S” approach for learning – This approach will help you understand the process and flow of coaching conversations.
- Six strategies for self-coaching – These strategies will help you connect with your clients through effective language and efficient communication.
- Over 100 questions in 10 categories that expand communications – From clarifying and discovering and scaling questions, you’ll want to add these to your arsenal.
- The five anchors of a coaching conversation – This is the outline you’ll follow for every conversation you have with your clients.
- The 5 Speech Act Process – Also called AAROD, this makes you aware of what else is going on besides what your client is actually saying so you can more effectively help them move forward.
- The Dos and Don’ts of Coaching – 27 Dos and 27 Don’ts, keep them top of mind and you will never have a bad coaching experience.
- “Solutions Focus” – What is it and how will it help you become a more effective coach?
- How to use NLP and Positive Psychology to your advantage – Understanding the power of each will lead you to have a more positive impact every time you talk to a client.
- Practice, Practice, Practice – Each session will have you be in the coaching role for on-going practice.
At the end of this module, you will be assigned a Certified Professional Coach who will mentor and coach you through the next module.
One-on-One Coaching with a Mentor Coach
Method of delivery: You will experience the coaching process as a client with your Mentor Coach. This takes place in one 90-minute intake session and then four weekly one-hour sessions for a total of five weeks. (It’s recommended the intake session be in person, if possible. The subsequent four one-hour sessions take place over the phone).
The purpose of module three is to broaden self-awareness by enrolling in a coaching relationship. With a professional mentor coach, you’ll understand how your newfound knowledge translates to real-life situations. You’ll be supplied with the documentation necessary to your coaching business such as the Client Coachability Assessment form, a Professional Coaching Agreement, a Value Assessment form, a Goal Development form, and Living a Life of Purpose form.
You’ll discover …
- The Balance Wheel Goal Assessment Strategy – This is the ideal way to discover which areas of your client’s life need
- Positive Affirmations and Declarations – Improve your client’s self-talk and outlook on life through positive affirmations.
- The five “P” method for creating positive affirmations – Follow these five guidelines and you (and your clients) will consistently turn negative thoughts into powerful statements of empowerment.
- How to achieve goals through small purposeful steps – Goals give you a sense of purpose. Here’s how to make them meaningful and achievable.
At the end of this module, there is a one-hour group assessment call. Feedback is encouraged, issues are discussed and all questions are answered. You will then be matched up with a peer from the program; one who will coach you, and one whom you will coach.
Fine-tune your skills
Method of delivery: Following the same process as with your Mentor coach, you will have one 90-minute intake session and four weekly one-hour sessions with both your peer coach and your peer client. You will have two coaching sessions (over the phone) each week for five weeks. One where you are the coach and one where you are the client. You will fill out forms with your feedback on each session (which will be addressed in Module Six.)
The purpose of Module Four is to provide you with a practical learning experience of being a coach and being coached by your peers (classmates) increasing your coaching abilities and your self-confidence. You’ll learn how to establish a coach intake session and what to focus on as a coach. By the end of this session, you will be well on your way to being able to orchestrate an effective and professional coaching call. You will be given guidelines on how to select two clients of your own to coach during the next module.
Real-life Experience with Private Clients
Method of delivery: You will further enhance your coaching skills by working with two (pro-bono) clients. As with the previous two modules, you will have one 90-minute intake session (preferably in person) and then four weekly one-hour sessions (over the phone) per client for five weeks. One call with each client will be supervised by a member of the New Vibe Training Team and feedback will be provided.
This module provides you with a structured, supervised practicum as an entrance into the real world of professional coaching. You will receive practical experience and valuable feedback.
You’ll learn how to develop a flow and process with your coaching presence. You will be supplied with key forms you can use in your coaching business such as the Supervised Coaching Summary Form, Supervised Call Evaluation Criteria form, and a Call Tracking form. In these sessions, you’ll fine-tune your coaching skills and take a giant step towards becoming a certified professional coach.
At the end of this module, there is a one-hour group assessment call. Feedback is encouraged, issues are discussed and all questions are answered.
Launch your career as a Certified Professional Coach
Method of delivery: This is a two-day in-house interactive session facilitated by New Vibe Training founder Carl Casanova.
The purpose of Module Six is to bring all the elements of your training together. It’s designed to complete your training, establish foundations for lifelong development, and equip you to step out as a certified professional coach.
You’ll discover …
- The Five Questions for Self-Examination – This will help you pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses so you can focus on improving your skills.
- How to Build a Masterful Lifestyle – This covers the Four “C’s” of what to master, the Five Process Points Through Mastery, the Five Calls to Mastery and the Ten Enemies of Mastery.
- The 11 (ICF) Core Competencies of Coaching and Code of Ethics – These are the International guidelines established to improve the impact of coaching around the world.
- 14 Strategies for Coach Leadership – Master all 14 and you will become a major force of influence in your client’s life.
- The Seven Steps to Writing a Business Plan – You’ll learn how to write a comprehensive business plan that will serve as the foundation to a successful and thriving coaching business.
- How to Create Your Niche in the Marketplace – Focusing on a specific niche gives you a leg up on your competition who don’t specialize.
- Where and Who are Your Customers – Once you define who they are, we’ll give you strategies and techniques to turn your prospects into clients.
At the end of Module Six, you’ll take an examination. When you pass, you’ll be fully equipped to launch your coaching career.
Instant credibility within the industry
At New Vibe Training, we align with International Coaching Federation (ICF) core competencies. In fact, we were the first coaching company between Seattle and Los Angeles to become an ICF Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH)TM Provider.
Once you complete our program*, you will be a New Vibe Training Certified Professional Coach (CPC) with 125 total ICF approved coach specific training hours (ACSTH). This qualifies you for membership with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). (We’ll provide you with all the details and answer any questions about how to join the ICF).
Both certifications give you instant credibility with your clients and lets them know you have a high level of life coaching expertise.
A wealth of wisdom
You will be supplied a reading schedule for the following textbooks:
The Solutions Focus – Author Paul Z Jackson & Mark McKergow
Falling Awake – Author Dave Ellis
What Every Successful Person Knows! – Author Carl Casanova, M.S.
We also use five personal assessment tools during the program:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Core Values Index (CVI)
- The 5 Languages of Appreciation at Work
Ongoing Support Throughout Your Coaching Career
Once you become part of the New Vibe Training Family, you will always have a warm and friendly place to get all your coaching questions answered.
Plus, you’re invited to be part of the NW Coaches Connect. This is a group that gets together once a month at our New Vibe training location to focus on client and relationship building ideas and topics. One month we might focus on getting clients, the next on teachable moments and how to identify them.
We are all about taking a “never stop learning” approach to coaching. Not only will you take your coaching and business skills up a notch, many mutual rewarding and long-term friendships are formed because of the NW Coaches Connect.
Your next step
We’ve found the best way to proceed is for you to have a conversation with New Vibe Training founder Carl Casanova, M.S. Carl and the staff at New Vibe Training will answer any questions you may have about our Professional Coach Certification Program and coaching in general. The goal is to make sure our program and coaching is the right fit for you and vice versa.
Click here to book your complimentary call with Carl. It’s the first step to an informative journey and an interesting and rewarding career helping people better their place in this world.
*Completion of the Foundations for Coach Leadership Class is a requisite to certification as is represents 20 of the 125 hours. It is also a stand-alone class that individuals can take but does not obligate them to the CORE program.